Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whimiscal Magic


I can truthfully say, I am not aware of another 30 day period in my life that would rival the last 30 as far as just simply being unreal, for a lack of a better word. I am not even at liberty to really even discuss all that has happened to me in the last month. Out of respect for protecting the innocent, I have no choice today but to be vague and evasive. But I assure anyone who reads this, its has been unreal, more like, surreal. Life never ceases to amaze me and I cant help but think of that overused cliche', "life is what happens when your busy making plans". All of my senses have been pushed to their limits and beyond, causing me to explore new regions in my cerebral cortex, looking not only for answers....but questions as well. I often fight off the urge to grab a knife and carve in the wall of my hotel room the number of days before my departure, counting them off one by one, slowly and meticulously, like the days until an escape. Time moves slow in the land of uncertainty, each moment masked by the belief that it surely can not get anymore confusing than this; but with each clicking of the clock, once again I am proven wrong. By no means am I playing the proverbial fiddle, this is my etch-a-sketch and I'm the only one turning the knobs. I have always wanted to write a book and life just handed me a great story....mine.
Now I sit in my hotel room, looking for weapons that will help to fend off these illusionary demons; continually coming back to the realization the remote control doesn't do much good in fear based warfare. I do find myself staring at that flat screen of high definition indoctrination, realizing that it as well is something I will soon say goodbye to, for there are no TV's where I'm headed. It almost seems like a scene from the twilight zone, to think that soon I will walk down a corridor and board a craft that will soon after land in a place of which I have no real memories and where no one really knows my name. But its not possible to dwell on that for very long without the realization that before I land in some far away place, I must take off from the place that does hold all my memories, and holds all of those I love so dearly. There is a whimsical magic that is easy to get lost within as I contemplate the imagery of my adventure. And as my mind pans over the possibilities, both good and bad, at the same time flashing back through the events of the last month, I am left but with one thought.......Buckle up, its going to be one hell of ride.

8 comments:

  1. Shannon, you should write a book because your words come out so eloquently. Will you be able to continue posting once your on Tabocco Caye? If so, I am looking forward to hearing all about your new adventure. Much love to you, Shannon. Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved you! Your friend forever, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved you too Candy Man.....I hope that you find peace and serenity as you move on to the next chapter of your life. Your words, so honest, brave and beautiful, bring tears to my eyes. You have touched my life and I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Shannon you should write a book. I would love to read it.

    Shelly Broussard

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration to me and yes indeed, a fantastic writer You will have a fabulous time on your new adventure and we will think of you often with love and good wishes (and a bit of envy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every turn, for better or worse has
    made you who you are and I'm glad
    To call you friend. I'll buy the book.
    So go and write a book. I'll cone see you
    And share some of my own sometime.
    Adria

    ReplyDelete